Table of Contents
01 The Insurance Monthly Roundup
02 Decoding India’s Digital Health Ecosystem
03 The Implications of Carrier licenses for InsurTechs
04 Consumer Research: ‘Mobile’ is not the same as Digital
05 Five Most Effective Tools/Techniques to Empower Service Reps/ Agents
The Insurance Monthly Roundup
A quick roundup of the month’s insurance and insurtech news.
- Policybazaar, the Indian Insurance Aggregator plans IPO listing in 2021 at a valuation of $3.5 billion.
- Amazon, in partnership with Acko General Insurance has launched car and bike insurance. The company also plans to offer life, health and general insurance soon.
- WhatsApp announced pilot projects to bring insurance, micro-pension and credit to lower-wage workers over the next year-and-a-half. (Global Fintech Fest 2020)
- Duck Creek, an Enterprise P&C Insurance Software company has registered for IPO at $200 million valuation.
- Hippo Insurance plans for IPO in 2021 after raising $150 million.
- Lemonade and Nexsys Technologies partner to simplify homeowners insurance verification process.
- Thoma Bravo acquires Majesco InsurTech for $594 million.
The State of AI Chatbots in Insurance
Decoding India’s Digital Health Ecosystem
The COVID-19 crisis is a tipping point in the adoption of digital health based technology. Prolonged lockdowns have created an urgency for hospitals to opt for virtual healthcare models, remote-care solutions and wearable devices in order to serve patients in a COVID-19 world. So far, digital was confined to finding doctors’ availability and booking appointments (e.g. Practo, iCliniq). Today, many major healthcare organizations including Apollo, Fortis and Manipal Hospitals have launched digital health applications for online consultations beyond general inquiries.
Digital health can enable people to self-manage their situations effectively. In general, digital health covers technologies, smart devices, computational analysis, medical reports management to help patients and healthcare professionals manage health and promote wellbeing.