The process of interaction design involves studying the behavior and structure of interactive systems and implementing them for developing useful digital products. In other words, interaction design is the relationship between user and product and the services they use.
The purpose of interaction design is to create a great user experience. That’s why most of the UI disciplines require understanding and hands-on experience of interaction design principles. After all, it’s about designing for the entire interconnected system: the device, interface, context, environment, and people. Interaction designers strive to create meaningful relationships between people and the products and services they use. It may include computers, mobile devices, gadgets, appliances, and more.
It is important to understand ux design best practices while developing complex web and mobile applications. These are the key elements that product designers should not neglect while creating an interface for the user.
The 10 most important interaction design principles are-
- UX: Match user experience and expectations
- Consistent design: Maintain consistency throughout the application
- Functionality: Follow functional minimalism
- Cognition: Reduce cognitive loads/mental pressure to understand the application
- Engagement: Design interactively such that it keeps the user engaged.
- User control: Allow the user to control, trust, and explore
- Perceivability: Invite interactions through intuitions and interactive media
- Learnability: Make user interactions easy to learn and remember
- Error handling: Take care to prevent errors, if they occur make sure