The 2016 edition of Mary Meeker’s annual Internet Trends report covers today’s Internet growth and an in-depth look at the following:
- Global Internet users have surpassed 3B; India has supplanted the US as the world’s second-largest Internet market.
- Internet user growth remains consistent (led by acceleration in India), while smartphone user and shipment growth have slowed.
- In the face of a slowing global economy, key macro growth drivers from the past 2 decades are less certain.
- Internet advertising (particularly via mobile) continues to grow, but so does ad-blocking, pushing the envelope on development of more innovative ad formats.
- New online-first brands have rapidly grown in popularity for the millennial generation with their focus on omni-channel and personalized distribution strategies.
- In communication, video and images shared are growing as a means of storytelling; creators, consumers, and advertisers are taking part.
- Messaging has evolved from simple, expressive conversation to business-focused use cases, with Asian platforms often leading the way.
- More efficient and often more convenient than typing, voice-based interfaces are ramping quickly and creating a new paradigm for human-computer interaction.
- Transportation is being re-imagined, as the rise of car computerization, autonomous driving, and sharing transform our understanding of mobility.
- Looking to China, Internet leadership continues, as the country boasts global innovation powerhouses in e-commerce, messaging, travel, financial services, and on-demand transportation.
- The proliferation of data generated by a multitude of devices has fostered tremendous business opportunity, but privacy concerns abound.
To know more about Internet Trends 2016, feel free to approach us on firstname.lastname@example.org, our developers are here to clear confusions and it might be a good choice based on your business and technical needs.
Knowledge thats worth delivered in your inbox