Traditional selling techniques like calling and advertising have been with us for a long time. While it still holds a solid place in its field, new age technique of social selling is emerging quickly. Social Selling is both an inbound and outbound way to contact and communicate with sales prospects. It allows you to do more sales in a single day than you’d likely complete in a much longer period using a standard phone or advertisements. While media has always been a part of traditional selling, the cost to make individual advertisements is very huge when compared to selling on social networks, for all we know nearly everyone who knows the “What not” of internet is connected on various social websites now days. Social Selling is like cold calling, except the calls are warm and welcome, making it a more promising way of selling.
Evident benefits Social Selling offers over Traditional Selling methods
- When your prospect is on a social platform, they are inviting conversation. They are there to interact, to learn from others and to engage in conversations and mutually beneficial information sharing.
- As long as you consistently present by providing helpful content that answer questions, they’ll continue to welcome your engagement.
- They may even look forward to that engagement. When is the last time you actually wished a sales person would call you? Social Selling helps you hear the voice of the sales prospect.
- No one likes being interrupted by an unplanned phone call or watching/reading commercials.
- Every social media platform provides some level of platform conversation search capability.
- By leveraging those platform search engines, you can cast a long, wide antenna that helps you painlessly prospect for business each and every day by simply listening for prospective customer problems. While traditional selling is all about trying to close a transaction.
Social Selling tools
Social Selling is also equipped with new-age application like Sellfash which not only empowers the sellers and retailers but helps in maintaining a balance between what you need and what you don’t. It automates the supplier – reseller chain for social selling. You can showcase your products, manage payments, inventory and supplier-reseller groups. It saves you from the hassle of numerous bank transfers and queries related to stock and price. Social selling is like creating B2B sales seduction with the goal of drawing the prospect closer to you so that you can convince them that you or your solution is the most desirable option available to them.
Knowledge thats worth delivered in your inbox